Franschhoek & Stellenbosch Wine Tour
Day Wine Tours
Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Fridays and Sundays (other days can be booked on request)
Start the morning off with a guided drive through historic Stellenbosch and onto our first farm for a cellar tour and wine & chocolate pairing. Our 2nd farm is a boutique wine estate for intimate cheese & wine pairing with the wine maker when she is around Over the stunning Stellenbosch mountains, we head to the cuisine capital of SA, Franschhoek. Here we learn how the French Huguenots settled in this valley and influenced South Africa's wine history. This, only to be followed by a tasting at an award-winning estate and a beautiful lunch. In Franschhoek you will have the chance to walk off your lunch, strolling down the main road. For our last stop we visit a farm situated on the foot of the mountains for yet another world class wine tasting. Filled up and merry, we head back to Cape Town to be back at home at about 5 PM.
- We visit 4 different wine estates in both regions (famous farms and some hidden gems only known to locals).
- Pair a variety of locally produced, world-class cheeses.
- Cellar and vineyard tour, teaching us how wine is made, how to taste wine, food and wine pairing, what bottle to order at restaurants…
- A beautiful light lunch is served in the the middle of the wine lands overlooking the Franschhoek valley.
- A diverse range of wine styles.
- Local treats of cured meats paired with selected wines.
- Artisanal chocolate (Fair trade accredited) paired with different wines.
- Stroll down the beautiful main road of Franschhoek.
Price: R 1075 per person
We love being hands on! Drop us a line and let us handle your enquiry the old fashioned way.