Classic Wine Tour
Private Wine Tours
Cost: From R1500 per person for 8 or more guests
A route of meticulously selected wine estates, offering you a variety of farms showcasing our unique wine culture.
Private Cape Town Wine Tour. Meet a wine maker and having a true Cape Town winelands experience. Unique, special, experiences in Cape Town. There will be true wine culture, local food, and behind the scenes knowledge. Learn about Cape history and wine with your private tour guide. A unique way to experience Stellenbosch, Franschhoek and beyond.
- Our first stop is Villiera wine estate, famous for its award winning Cap Classique wines (Champaign). Our guide takes you into the vineyard, walking you through the history of wine and the process of vine growing, you will then get taken “behind the scenes” for a cellar tour, learning the art of wine making. We then head back for an informative wine tasting experience, with your Wine Lord taking you through the steps of how to REALY appreciate wine. Other stunning wines will also be sampled along with Biltong (local dried cured meat) pairing.
- Our next estate is the iconic Mitre’s Edge estate, famous for its award winning wines. We sit down with Lola the Winemaker/Owner, each wine paired with a selected cheese.
- For our third estate, we do a guided drive through Stellenbosch (second oldest town in SA) to a family run farm called Middelvlei. Surrounded by vineyards, here we enjoy a typical South African braai (barbeque) lunch and a taste of their unique wines. After lunch you would get the chance to sample some “wine in the making” straight from the barrel/tanks.
- From Middelvlei we head onto the unique Lovane estate with its basement cellar and exceptional wines. This is quite a favourite amongst our guests and totally of the beaten tourist track. We pair amazing wines with locally made chocolate.
- Our last stop takes us to the age old Annandale estate, dating back 300 years. From their old vintage wines, rustic old cape Dutch style farm house and the legends that goes along with this icon. Another favourite amongst locals!
- After having seen amazing landscapes, tasting plenty of wines, and most of all experienced the real culture of SA wine!, you will be dropped off at your accommodation between 17h00 and 18h00 by your Wine Lord.
* Itinerary is subject to the wine estates’ availability on the day.
What Our Clients Say
The man, the myth, the legend: Lord Sharif. - LORD SHARIF!!!! One of the best tour guides I’ve ever had. His selection of wineries, paired with impeccable knowledge of the process of wine making was such a blessing to... read more
June 14, 2021
All in one tour operator. Qualified guides with the best experiences. From cheese and wine pairing in the winemakers house with the winemaker presenting the wine tasting to visiting the... read more
November 29, 2022
Great Daytrip - Such a great day away !!! I love the fact that Wine Flies travels to wine estates off the beaten tourist track. Its been a super fun and interesting day... read more
January 19, 2022