Private Cape Town Wine Tour. Meet a wine maker and having a true Cape Town winelands experience. Unique, special, experiences in Cape Town. There will be true wine culture, local food, and behind the scenes knowledge. Learn about Cape history and wine with your private tour guide. A unique way to experience Stellenbosch, Franschhoek and beyond.
A route of meticulously selected wine estates, offering you a variety of farms showcasing our unique wine culture.
1 person – R4325
2 people – R2735 per person
3 people – R2020 per person
4 people – R1660 per person
5 people – R1445per person
6 people – R1330 per person
7 people – R1280 per person
R1240 per person for 8 – more guests
- Our first stop is Villiera wine estate, famous for its award winning Cap Classique wines (Champaign). Our guide takes you into the vineyard, walking you through the history of wine and the process of vine growing, you will then get taken “behind the scenes” for a cellar tour, learning the art of wine making. We then head back for an informative wine tasting experience, with your Wine Lord taking you through the steps of how to REALY appreciate wine. Other stunning wines will also be sampled along with Biltong (local dried cured meat) pairing.
- Our next estate is the iconic Mitre's Edge estate, famous for its award winning wines. We sit down with Lola the Winemaker/Owner, each wine paired with a selected cheese.
- For our third estate, we do a guided drive through Stellenbosch (second oldest town in SA) to a family run farm called Middelvlei. Surrounded by vineyards, here we enjoy a typical South African braai (barbeque) lunch and a taste of their unique wines. After lunch you would get the chance to sample some “wine in the making” straight from the barrel/tanks.
- From Middelvlei we head onto the unique Lovane estate with its basement cellar and exceptional wines. This is quite a favourite amongst our guests and totally of the beaten tourist track. We pair amazing wines with locally made chocolate.
- Our last stop takes us to Vergenoegd estate, from their old vintage wines, beautiful old cape Dutch style manor house and the duck parade, another favourite amongst locals!
- After having seen amazing landscapes, tasting plenty of wines, and most of all experienced the real culture of SA wine!, you will be dropped off at your accommodation between 17h00 and 18h00 by your Wine Lord.
* Itinerary is subject to the wine estates’ availability on the day.