Fauna, Flora and Fermentation Tour
From a leisurely hike through vineyards and a protected nature reserve, to bird watching and safari in game vehicles. This tour is a perfect symbiosis of nature and wine. A favourite amongst families. Expect knowledgeable guides, local foods, stunning views of Table Mountain, nature walks in Stellenbosch, game such as Giraffes & Zebra and world class wines. The perfect nature, outdoors wine tour in Cape Town.
From a leisurely hike through vineyards and a protected nature reserve, to bird watching and safari. This tour is a perfect symbiosis of nature and wine.
1 person - R5045
2 people - R3645 per person
3 people - R3185 per person
4 people - R2670 per person
5 people - R2370 per person
6 people - R2210 per person
7 people - R2130 per person
R2070 per person for 8 - more guests
IMPORTANT COVID NOTICE
We are taking the following COVID-19 protocols:
- Screening of guests, staff and suppliers.
- Collecting customer information.
- Ensuring the correct use of PPE.
- Physical distancing of 1.5m.
- Sanitation of hands, disinfection of surfaces at each stop and fogging of vehicles and our office on a daily basis.
- Staff are trained on all COVID-19 protocol requirements.
- Our first visit takes us to Mooiplaas, a historic and traditional working wine estate, owned and managed by the Roos Family who are celebrating over 50 years on the farm. The history of the farm dates back to 1806, with the Manor House on the estate (a national monument -a rare example of Cape Dutch architecture). The estate covers an area of 243 hectares, of which approximately 100 hectares are planted with vineyards and 60 hectares are dedicated to the Mooiplaas Private Nature Reserve, with breathtaking 360-degree views of Table Mountain, the Cape Peninsula, Stellenbosch, the Swartland, Table Bay and False Bay. Guided all the way to the top, you’ll get to learn about the unique terroir, the vineyards practices as well as the variety of Fynbos and Renosterbos species in the reserve. (There are a wider variety of these species in the Western Cape than all the plant species in the Northern Hemisphere!). Once done with the morning hike, you’ll make your way back to the tasting room to indulge in a selection of their top award winning wines.
- Next we make our way to Hartenberg, here you’ll indulge in their range of exquisite wines whilst enjoying a 2 course lunch served under the majestic oaks that surround their tasting room terrace (in winter it would be next to a roaring fire). They are proud members of Biodiversity and Wine (BWI) and Integrated Production of Wine (IPW), and the estate is home to plentiful wildlife and over 120 species of birds – inspiring them to combine the best of nature with fine wine. Your guide will take you on a boardwalk meander after lunch exploring the natural wetlands.
- Lastly we’ll make our way to Villiera, 3rd Generation of the Grier family on the estate has seen the modest beginnings transform to an award winning and industry leader, not just in quality wine, but also with social responsibility, environmental awareness and conservation. You’ll get to learn about all of these during your wine tasting and as you embark on a two hour game drive, a number of mammals have been introduced in the Wildlife Sanctuary: Springbuck, Kudu, Giraffe, Bontebok, Eland, Gemsbok, Black Wildebeest, Bush Pig, Burchell's Zebra, common Duiker, Steenbuck and Grysbok.
After having seen amazing landscapes, tasting plenty of wines, and most of all experienced the real culture of SA wine!, you will be dropped off at your accommodation by your Wine Lord.
* Itinerary is subject to the wine estates’ availability on the day.
We love being hands on! Drop us a line and let us handle your enquiry the old fashioned way.