Cape Town City Foodie Tour
Unique South African Experiences
Cost: From R 2130 per person for 5 or more
Known as the “Rainbow Nation”, South Africa’s diverse culinary influences will be sampled as we get to know
the city of Cape Town through its food. Cape Town is home to artisanal coffee roasters, responsibly-sourced
cocoa chocolatiers, free-range meat, local seafood, excellent farmer’s markets, world-class restaurants, and of
course, award-winning wines and bubbles.
We’ll visit foodie hotspots like the trendy Bree Street; the colourful Cape Malay neighbourhood of Bo-Kaap;
and the Company’s Gardens, established in 1652 by the Dutch as a food & water supply station between
Europe and the East. Bring your walking shoes and dress for the weather – the best way to experience the
energy of the city is exploring on foot with your tour guide.
Please note: No two foodie tours are the same – this tour is all about sampling from small, local vendors, and
specific tastings vary according to what is in season and available on the day. Please let us know if you have
specific dietary requirements, so we can tailor the stops according to your preferences.
Included meals: 4-5 food and drink tastings
Optional activities: Add more foodie – Cultural cooking class (lunch or dinner)
Approximate driving time: +/- 45 minutes, 30 km
- Services of a professional tour guide/driver
- Pick up and drop off (location of your choice in Cape Town and surrounds)
- Private transport, as described in itinerary
- 4-5 food or drink tastings
1 person – R6100
2 people – R3560 per person
3 people – R2720 per person
4 people – R2410 per person
R2130 per person for 5 or more guests
- Please have breakfast as usual. Your first food tasting will be late morning.
- This is a private tour for your group. It includes the passengers you have booked, plus a guide/driver. We have included the guide and driver’s meals and accommodation in our quote as necessary.
- The company reserves the right to change the itinerary and transport along the way, should circumstances dictate.
- Your guide will be available to do the activities mentioned in this itinerary, which is generally 8-10 hours for a full day. If you would like additional help planning evening activities and dinner, please speak to your guide – he or she can assist you with making arrangements for evening taxis or dinner reservations.
- All vehicles have valid operating licenses to convey paying customers.
- Please advise in advance if you require a car seat for children booked on the tour. Car seats are available at an additional charge.
- All guides are well trained, experienced and African born. By law we are required to use CATHSSETA registered and qualified guides with professional drivers’ licenses.
- Earthstompers, or its employees and agents shall not be responsible for and shall be exempt from any liability in respect of loss, damage, injury, accident, delay or inconvenience to any person or their luggage or other personal property under any circumstances whatsoever whilst on tour.
- We require a 20% deposit to confirm a tour. The balance of the payment is due 30 days before tour departure.
- Customised quotes are valid for 5 days.
- Cancellation Policy (one day tours):
- Cancellation 30 days – 7 days before departure: 95% refund
- Cancellation 6 days – 3 days before departure: 50% refund
- Cancellation 2 days or less before departure, or no-show: no refund
- All Earthstompers tours are priced in South African Rand (R or ZAR). In case of a refund, any amount will be refunded in South African Rand, which then gets converted to your local currency by your bank or credit card company. Please note that due to currency fluctuations, the refund amount in your local currency might be higher or lower than the amount originally paid. In the case where a tour is paid for in a foreign currency, such as Euros or US Dollars, you will be informed of the amount received in Rand, and any refunds will be calculated based on the Rand amount received.