Shark Cage Diving
Unique South African Experiences
Cost: R 2 755 per person
Shark Cage Diving:
Operating in Gansbaai, Western Cape, a world hot spot for the great white shark, you will experience an incredible adventure on board our custom designed boat, Slashfin.
An on board marine biologist will educate you as you get up close and personal with this amazing apex predator.
- Shark cage diving experience
- Boat-based viewing
- Custom-built boat
- Marine Biologist on board
- Fun for all ages – no age restrictions
About Marine Dynamics:
SHARK CAGE DIVING IN SOUTH AFRICA
Marine Dynamics, operating in Gansbaai, Western Cape, South Africa, a world hot spot for sharks – you will experience an incredible cage diving adventure on board our custom designed boat, Slashfin. An on board marine biologist will educate you as you get up close and personal with these amazing apex predators in the famous Shark Alley. We are certified by Fair Trade Tourism, live by our motto of ‘Discover. Protect. Educate’ and work together with the Dyer Island Conservation Trust. We are involved in shark research which includes shark fin identification and tagging and tracking the great white. You will leave with great memories and a deep appreciation of this majestic animal. Along the way you might also be fortunate to view the rest of our Marine Big 5 – whales, dolphins, seals and the African penguin, as well as incredible seabirds. We are only 2 hours drive from Cape Town along a scenic route. The trip includes an educational briefing, breakfast or lunch; refreshments on board; delicious soup & bread on return; towels, clean wetsuits, masks. Enjoy your trip with our very experienced crew. Professional footage available for purchase, provided to you after the trip via easy to use download service.
A FREE PENGUIN VISIT to The African Penguin & Seabird Sanctuary, a project of the Dyer Island Conservation Trust is also included.
Slashfin is the first aluminium boat of its kind in the industry, specifically designed and built for low maintenance, stability, speed and superior safety and comfort.
- Designated toilets for males and females
- Viewing deck and main deck for viewing purposes
- Our sturdy stainless steel cage is professionally engineered and made out of a 25mm squared tubing covered with 6mm security mesh approximately 160mm apart.
- The cage can easily accommodate 10 divers at a time.
- Your head will never be more than a metre under the surface and you can decide when and how long you want to stay underwater.
- And yes, the top of our cage is covered – with two individual lids!
- Required diving equipment
- Waterproof/windproof jackets
- Snacks and drinks on board
- Comprehensive safety and conservation briefing by our marine biologist
What you should bring:
- Warm clothing as it is colder at sea than on land
- Sunscreen & cap/hat
- bathing costumes
- Please use anti-seasick medication well in advance if you are prone to motion sickness
- Adults: R2 755 per person
- Children u/12 years: R1 570 per person
- Children u/5 years: Free of charge
- Return Transfer From Cape Town: R850 per person
- Return Transfer From Hermanus: R550 per person
- Helicopter flights and exclusive transfer rates available on request.
- Guests are welcome to visit our African Penguin & Seabird Sanctuary at no extra charge.
Enquire About This Tour For Availability
Have a Look At Our Other Tours
Other Unique South African Experiences
Known as the “Rainbow Nation”, South Africa’s diverse culinary influences will be sampled as we get to know the city of Cape Town through its food. Cape Town is home to artisanal coffee roasters, responsibly-sourced cocoa chocolatiers, free-range meat, local seafood, excellent farmer’s markets, world-class restaurants, and of course, award-winning wines and bubbles.